Family Medicine Jobs in Washington
Friday · October 20, 2017
1 Job in The Evergreen State
Photo: Yachts docked at Elliott Bay in downtown Seattle.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Billings) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- For purposes of this standard, graduate training programs include only those internship, residency, and fellowship programs that are approved by accrediting bodies recognized within the United States or Canada.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat, prevent illness, disease, or injury.
- Applicants who meet the basic requirements qualify for GS-11 positions.
- General practitioners must be skilled in recognizing various medical pathologies that require referral to specialists for diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- A residency program involves training in a specialized field of medicine in an institution accredited for training in the specialty by a recognized body of the American Medical Association (AMA) or AOA.
- Refer patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background.
- For GS-13: 3 years of graduate training or equivalent experience and training.
- Clinical and Training Programs: Within Federal clinical and training programs, a distinction is made between general practice and specialist positions.
- Specialist positions require graduate training and experience related to the specialty and subspecialty of the position to be filled.
- For GS-14: 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
- General Practice positions.
- For GS-13: 3 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
- Experience may not be substituted for training essential for performing specialized duties.
- A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (Ecfmg) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
- Collect, record, and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports, and examinations results.
- Graduate training and experience must, therefore, be well rounded.
- Applications will be accepted from physicians who are not currently licensed.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results or prescribed treatments with patients.
- When there is a positive education requirement, or you are using education to qualify as a substitution for experience, transcripts (unofficial) are required at the time of application to verify that you meet the educational requirement or substitution.
- Licensure: For positions involving patient care, candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- For GS-14 and above: In addition to the requirements for GS-13, 1 year of appropriate experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps Must apply to the merit promotion announcement in order to receive consideration.
- Persons appointed pending licensure may not be retained beyond 1 year of appointment if they do not obtain the license.
- Join us in our Mission to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level.
- If privileges are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee will be subject to adverse actions, up to and including removal from Federal service.
- JOB Announcement Number: IHS-17-BI-1904484-DH.
- Series & Grade: GS-0602-13/15.
- Such programs are in hospitals or other institutions accredited for internship training by a recognized body of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Salary Range: $100,957 to $264,000 / Per Year.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59).
- Appointments Pending Meeting Licensure Requirement: Individual circumstances may warrant appointments pending meeting the licensure requirement (e.
- Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited United States education program.
- For GS-15: 5 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training.
- A 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
- United States Citizenship is required.
- Order, perform, and interpret tests and analyze records, reports, and examination information to diagnose patients condition.
- Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
- WHO MAY Apply: United States Citizens.
- These boards are authorized to conduct examinations to determine the competence of physicians in the specialty, to issue certificates of qualification, to participate in evaluating the quality of residency programs, and to determine the requirements for certification.
- A fellowship program involves advanced training (beyond residency training) in a given medical specialty in either a clinical or research setting in a hospital or other institution accredited in the United States for such training.
- An internship program involves broadly based clinical practice in which physicians acquire experience in treating a variety of medical problems under supervision (e.
- Internal medicine, surgery, general practice, obstetrics-gynecology, and pediatrics).
- Listings of accredited programs are published yearly in the Directory of Residency Training Programs and the Yearbook and Directory of Osteopathic Physicians.
- The length and content of residency programs depends upon the specialization and requirements of recognized accrediting American medical specialty boards.
- You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Wednesday, January 24, 2018.
- When a candidate has a temporary license to practice until the next regular session of the licensing board).
- Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.
- This 1 year of supervised experience may be waived for research or administrative positions not requiring direct patient care.
- IHS provides a comprehensive health service delivery system for American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- JOB Title: Medical Officer - IM, FP.
- Coordinate work with nurses, pharmacists, social workers, and other allied health professionals in the provision of a variety of health services.
- Monitor patients' conditions and progress and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Or full credit has been given for the courses at a United States accredited college or university.
- Investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Billings, MT.
- Open Period: Wednesday 1/25/2017 to Wednesday 1/24/2018.
- Responsible for the practice of medicine or direct service to patients involving the performance of diagnostic, preventative, or therapeutic services to patients in hospitals and clinics.
- Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education may be credited.
This perm job opening was posted
2 weeks ago